Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Heart Cupcakes, Kids, and Cousins

This is just a snapshot of yesterday's project. I have made these adorable cupcake pops a few times now, and I still think they are adorable. They are super easy, just go here for the details and more stinkin' cute ideas.

Speaking of stinkin' cute, isn't she growing up?!


I just want to eat her up!




Now on to these two.


Boy oh boy, life is always an adventure with them around! Last week I decided to take them on a little journey to the reservoir next to our house. (Shhh . . . don't tell them it's not the ocean).
Of course Luke had to dress the part. Notice his Sheriff's badge proudly displayed on his chest informing passer byes that he IS the law. And why wouldn't he carry around his backpack stuffed with a sleeping bag? You never know if a camp-out will be necessary. A lot can happen in a half mile.





Luke's constant companion and assistant in whatever mischief they can find, "Just Tanner" is always along for the ride. Typically he is a little less enthusiastic and certainly always less decked out.



The terrain was treacherous, luckily Sheriff Luke brought along his trusty plastic sword, just in case.



After making it through the concrete jungle, we made it to the Santaquin Ocean. The water apparently felt great, but it smelled a little too fishy for my liking, so I was designated as the picture taker.







We plan on making another expedition to the ocean real soon. Next time I think I will take my raft and glass of lemonade.



With all of the excitement and adventures happening in our little family, one can only expect to be overjoyed and a little overwhelmed to be sent to earth and end up right smack dab in the middle of it.

This is my cute little nephew Nixon. He is the newest addition to our family and we are all so glad he is here. Brielle is going to need a sidekick someday and since Just Tanner is already spoken for, Nixon is the perfect alternate.
Just to make sure that he would one day be her partner in crime, she sealed it with a kiss. . .




and a snuggle.




Then Just Tanner tried to EAT him. . . I don't know what possessed him to try to eat his new cousin, but what I find really alarming is that it didn't even strike me as odd.
I love Nixon's terrified face in this picture!




Welcome to the jungle little buddy!




6 comments:

Cravings said...

I sale those in my cupcake business. I love Bakerella, she's my favorite, i do it a little different but same idea. She's so amazing. Yours look so good especially for your first time. Yummy!

A bit about our little family... said...

haha you are hilarious! I love all of the different things luke is always pretending to be...and Tanner just has to tag along and enjoy whatever is going on! Nixon is super pumped about becoming "just Nixon"!

morgan said...

Geez, you should have called me when you went to the ocean! :) Luke and Tanner just crack me up!Cute pictures too! As for the cupcakes...I'm sure glad we are friends! I have a feeling I might be having a craving sometime soon! :)

Shaun and Emily said...

Just checking in on your cute family. Your little girl is getting so big! Glad to hear that your mother is doing ok now. That sounds like a scary ordeal. My dad just went through cancer treatments last year and was lucky the docter caught it before it was too late too. Hope you are having a great summer.

Natasha said...

I just had to tell you that I love reading your blog. You are seriously a talented writer. I love the way you capture personality and emotion with words, and I crack up because your humor is so filled with details. Your family is adorable. Oh, and I was so glad to hear that your mom's operation went well.

paulak said...

I loved reading about your little adventure. What a creative trip...too cute. Your family is growing up and as always, your kids are darling. I hope your mom is doing well, she's in our prayers.