Monday, May 18, 2009

Somebody Stop Me!!!



Okay, okay, I don't know what has gotten into me. First off, I usually go months at a time between posts, and today, this is my THIRD. You read right, my third post all in the same day. Perhaps that is because today things are going so well. Knock on wood, (I really literally just knocked on my kitchen table). I just couldn't resist posting about this one small miracle that occurred.

Last night our good friends, Morgan and Kyle had us over for a good ol' fashioned cook out. They had dug a fire pit which we used to cook our tinfoil dinners. Following the dinner, we roasted Marshmallows and made Kyle's Delicious Creation, "the marshmallow cookie sandwich." That's right, it was delicious. So what is the miracle you ask?

I am getting to it.

At our little dinner party, Morgan graciously made us Kool-Aid. If you haven't had Kool-Aid for a while, I strongly suggest that you make some today. It was to die for. Well, my boys were of course wearing their church clothes because my loving husband insisted that we didn't have time to make them change and we could just insist that they stay clean. Yeah Right! Well, I just rolled with it. As you can imagine, when you take two energetic little boys and combine them with cherry red Kool-Aid and a camp fire, you can only imagine the condition their church clothes came home in. It was all fun and games, so I wasn't upset.

Now on to the miracle.

Today I started to sort laundry. My new job. I took their badly battered clothes and sprayed them with my bottle of oxyclean. Tanner's pants looked more pink than tan and Luke had so much charcoal on his that it looked like he had fallen into the pit. I shook my head and in the back of my mind I chalked the clothes up to a loss. However about 30 minutes later, I pulled them out of the washing machine, and to my surprise, every little spot and splatter was GONE! I was so excited! You may be thinking that the spot free clothes constitutes the miracle, but the miracle happened after that. There was a moment when I loaded my white sheets into the washing machine, and pulled the warm, clean, smell good clothes out of the dryer that the thought actually crossed my mind, "I am really enjoying this." There it was, that was the miracle. I am enjoying laundry. I am sure that this is a temporary state of mind that will last but a small moment. But I thought it was momentous enough to write about it, just in case the thought is fleeting. So to all you housewives out there, I have rejoined the club, and now to you I say, clean on mommies, clean on!


Now, please continue on to my previous two posts of the day, they are much more informational and far more entertaining!
p.s.-that picture is not my rear end, nor is it my laundry room, a girl can only wish.

3 comments:

kars and linz said...

laundry is by far my favorite chore. i only wish i had a laundry room! your post are cute! your kids... even cuter!

Natasha said...

Enjoying laundry? I would say you are officially 'unrutted' Congrats!

Jennifer said...

Feel free to come do my laundry any time!!!! I am glad your doing better!! I hope all works out well with the pizza store!!