Monday, May 18, 2009

Oh the Places He'll Go!





Saturday was quite a big day for my first born. He is an official preschool graduate. Yes, this may seem like de-ja-vu considering the fact that he graduated from preschool last year too, but this time it is for real! His birthday is in July so we decided to hold him back so that he wouldn't be one of the youngest kids in his class, which means, bonus, two years of graduations! This year he got to lead the audience in the Pledge of Allegiance. He had been excited about that for weeks. The night before his graduation he was supposed to be in bed asleep when he came out to the living room in a near panic and said, "Mom, I can't believe I almost forgot to tell you this, we CANNOT be late! Just think of it, I would have to walk up to the stage in front of all those people! We just can't be late." Well, at that point he had me convinced so we made it on time.











We are so lucky to have such a supportive family. I think Luke had 15 people there to support him. Here he is with Grandma Connie and Bampa.





Here he is with his cute little Grandma Ivers





Here is our happy family!





Luke and his teacher, Mrs. Jenni. Not only is she adorable, she is a phenomenal teacher. I would highly recommend her to anybody!







It's sad to say, but even though preschool graduation was only two days ago, he has already moved on to bigger and better things. Today he woke up and decided his fate, he has assigned himself the title "The Mad Scientist." He has even already recruited an assistant, the assistant is insistent upon receiving no title, he is "Just Tanner." I would like you to take not of the pile of weeds on the table. They have been "harvesting corn" from the field next door for the past few days. I had no idea the intent was to use the "corn" in their top secret experiments.



What good is a mad scientist without his trusty safety goggles?


Unfortunately his assistant, "Just Tanner" was only allowed safety glasses.



Here are our two newest family members. C.K. and Piggero. Luke's kitty is C.K. which stands for Cute Killer. We are hoping that the kitties will turn into mouse killing machines, but they were way to cute to be thought of as strictly killers, so he decide to soften the harsh name by throwing "cute" in front of it. Tanner's kitty started out as "Bobby." She kept that name for about a week until Tanner watched Pinocchio and decided that Piggero was much better.



Now, as far as my rut situation goes, I have been unrutted. Launey opened his pizza place up again, which has oddly helped my situation. He is so good at picking up the pieces that I drop that I think I allowed myself to become a little complacent with life. Now that he is busy working there, I have been forced to climb out of the rut and get my act together. He isn't there to pick up my slack, so I know that I need to do it. I do miss him not being around as much, I mean I really miss him, but in a way it has been good for both of us.
The other thing that has been so helpful is obviously the Savior, my loving Heavenly Father, and the words of our great leaders in this month's Ensign. I am sure you know it is the conference issue and it is amazing how re-reading the talks has helped me. Every talk I read has something that I specifically need to hear. Anyway, I really do feel so blessed.

Besides how could I have not gotten out of it with cuties like this running around!
What a little Diva!!

1 comments:

Annie Nielson said...

I love your "Mad Scientist" and "Just Tanner"--they are so creative; I love their safety goggles, too haha. Where is Launey's pizza place??

I'm glad you are out of your rut--that happens to all of us every once in awhile :) Oh, and your diva is the cutest!