Friday, May 8, 2009

Help. . .I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up!

I am in a huge ginormo RUT! I don't know if you have ever been here before. This place where motivation to do laundry, eat healthy, and conduct myself in a cheerful manner is hard to come by. The place where being grumpy is the norm without a real reason for being grumpy. That is where I am, I feel it, my kids feel it, and I am sure my poor husband feels it too.
I know I have a lot to be thankful for, I really do. When I think about it logically, there is no reason I shouldn't be bouncing with every step I take from pure joy and rejoicing for the blessings I have. I am just stuck in this rut. It is an uncomfortable place that I would like to get out of soon. If anybody has suggestions on how to do that, I am open.
Once I do climb out of this place I have fallen into, I will take pictures of how adorable my children are with our two new kitties, cute killer (ck), and bobby. Yes the kids picked out the names. And once I have taken the adorable pictures, I will post them. While I am posting those pictures, I may even post previous pictures that I never got around to posting. Some include our trip to the dino museum with Pooper, our first trip to Disneyland with just our family (it was a great surprise for the kids which we pulled off with miraculous success), I may even post about Easter. That is once I climb out of this place!
Here is just a side note, I am not clinically depressed, I don't need any form of medication, I just need a little fire under my booty. I will get there. . . hopefully sooner than later.

6 comments:

lmackay32 said...

Well first of all you have a CUTE LITTLE booty, so even if it needs fire under it, it's ok. I think we all go through these phases. My advice would be, make sure you are doing something just for yourself. It is so good to take time out of your day and focus just on you, something that makes you, you. Whether it is scrapbooking, dancing, exercising, or gardening. As a mom we forget good ol' number one, ourselves. Love ya!!!

Connie said...

I'm feeling bad that I haven't noticed you down in that rut. I'm sorry! I think this time of year is tough. We get a bit of spring fever, which you'd think would be a good thing, but then you can't do all the many things the fever is wanting you to do and it leads to feeling down. Take the advice from your first commentor. It's true that sometimes you have to be selfish and just demand some "ME" time. I love you, and hope to see you "Up and Out" soon. Mom

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, I know what that feels like! Let me know if I can do andything. The kids are welcome to come play anytime you need an out!

McKel said...

Hey I hear ya, I don't know what it is but you just can't get out of it. When you fiqure out how, call me. lol I haven't talked to you in forever.

Jennifer said...

I know how you feel!!! I really do!!(remember where live!!) If there is anything I can do let me know I would love to try to help!!! Medication does do wonders though, same with time away doing something just for YOU!! I started going to school again and it has helped me lots which is kinda weird considering homework kinda sucks, which I have tons of!! I hope you feel better soon!!

Unknown said...

I got the solution... A Shoe Party, I already talked to Kylie about it and you guys should do a girl night shoe party. My friend and I became consultants a couple months ago. Look into it myshoeshoppe.com, we bring display shoes for your family and friends to order and you...the hostess get free shoes!
Wow, I sound like a salesman. Sorry your bumming I've been there, the St. George girl trip helped a lot. I cried when I had to go home to reality. But yes we are so blessed. Take care of you first and foremost then it will reflect in your family.