Thursday, April 10, 2008

Geneology

Launey and I went to the temple last week and did sealings. I felt the Spirit really strongly while I was there and I felt so honored to be a part of sealing those families together. However, I got thinking of all of my own family members who are waiting for their work to be done and it sparked some interest in me to look into my geneology. I can see how it can become addicting. I now have three names ready to take to the temple, and I have 7 others that I could take if I get permission from their direct decendants because they are my great-great-aunts, uncles, cousins etc. It has been a lot of fun, hopefully I can keep up on it. I also looked up my ancestoral file on my grandpa's side and found out that several kings of England, France, Germany, Denmark, Hungary, and Scottland were my great great . . . . grandparents. Kind of cool! And yes, I know that I sound like an old lady.

1 comments:

Lyns said...

How cool! Good for you! I have always wanted to do stuff like that, but I never know where to start! How did you get started?