Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Date Night

Last month Launey and I decided that it is important that each of our kids get some quality one-on-one time with us, and it has been hard to provide that time unless we actually plan it. So, we decided that a good way to do that was to have date nights. Each month each kid gets to go on a "date" with a parent. Last month Luke and I went to Color Me Mine, where he painted a beautiful red dog, and Launey and Tanner went to Jumpin' Jacks. This month Tanner and I went to the Dinosaur Museum (he absolutely loved it) and Luke and Launey are going to a Blaze game or a Jazz game. It has been a lot of fun for all of us and hopefully it will set a good foundation for open relationships between us and our kids. Brielle will be thrown into the mix someday, but for now, I am not sure how much she would enjoy, and frankly I don't think that she has caught on that she is getting left out. Someday I will be pumped to be able to take her to do "girly" things, do they have princess parties anywhere nearby?

2 comments:

Lyns said...

How fun! That is such a good idea. We'll have to do that when our kids are older. Isn't the dinosaur museum fun? You should have called me! Ava and I have a membership and you would get 50% off! Ava LOVES the museum and we're like 2 minutes away. Jumpin Jacks is great too. We'll have to try Color Me Mine sometime. You guys seem to like it! :)

McKel said...

Hey I think that is a great idea to do that! How Fun! you are great parents!