Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Christmas in April!

I just have to say one thing, well several things but all with one point, Hooray for Hand-Me-Downs. I was up late one night thinking about the fact that warmer weather was upon us and that my boys will soon be getting too warm in their long sleeves and denim jeans . I was experiencing a little anxiety because I am fully aware that I am married to one of the greatest, and cheapest, men in America and that buying a new summer wardrobe for both children would take some convincing. Then it dawned on me, Tanner could be the recipient of Luke's old summer clothes which are still in great condition and are not too far out of style. I rushed to the storage room, ripped open the container marked, "Kids' Clothes," and began pulling out one warm weather outfit after another. It was like Christmas all over again, only this time much cheaper. I was thrilled! So much so that I even decided to compose this very entry to post on my blog about this very matter. Perhaps it is the fact that I am the oldest child and was rarely a recipient of the dreaded hand-me-down (other than the occasional unit from Misty and Amy Hoaldridge), that allows me to feel this intense love for used clothing, or maybe it is because I am the mother of two shirt staining, pant tearing, fast growing boys. Whatever it is, may I echo myself once again in saying, HOORAY FOR HAND-ME-DOWNS!

3 comments:

Lyns said...

The EXACT reason I would be happy with another little girl when we decide to have one. Last winter, when Ava was 2, she needed a new coat. Obviously. My husband said, what about that brand new one we bought last winter? He meant the 6 month size coat, whereas my darling daughter was now 16 months old. LOL! I'm happy that you can use Luke's hand me downs! Poor Brielle - I hope you're not so excited you start putting her in Tanner's hand me downs! :)

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

I didn't relize that you got my hand-me-downs i'm sorry because the majority of my clothes came from Tiffany Casper. But i'm with ya, I have three boys and have benifited from that fact. I have about 15 bins of clothes in my storage awaiting for the next child. But the older they get the harder they are on thier clothes. Daylen only has about two pairs of jeans from about nine pairs that don't have holes in the knees. So needless to say Reese will be getting new jeans when that time arrives. But shirts are a whole different thing.

Anonymous said...

I somehow happened upon your blog. I loved seeing the pics you have posted of all of your friends from high school and their babies. For whatever reason I've always wondered "whatever happened to so & so". I was actually shocked to see everyone with kids. I guess I forgot that I'm not the only one who ages. LOL!

Tracy Woodruff-Rishor

I don't have a blog, well except for myspace, but that's not much. Anyway I feel I should leave a way to respond if need be so I'll leave my email. dustinrishor@yahoo.com

Hope life is treating you all well.