Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oh so very . . . Cherry Hill!


Last week was our every-other-year family trip to Cherry Hill. Unfortunately Launey's grandfather passed away at the age of 89 early on the morning of the 14th. My mom took our boys up without us so that we could spend some time with Launey's family on the night of the 13th before Grandpa Horsley died. We eventually did go up and enjoy some fun activities with our kids and other family members and we had a great time while doing so.

Luke has been saying for nearly six months now that when he was five he would learn how to ride his bike without training wheels. Well, the mental aspect of it had been getting the better of him so he had been refusing to try. While he was at Cherry Hill, my Aunt RaNae asked him if he needed help getting started on his bike (which had no training wheels). She didn't know that he didn't know how to ride, and he was to shy to tell her, so she just got him started and off he went! It was the best way for it to happen. Whenever Launey and I tried to practice with him, he broke down in tears and said he couldn't do it. Luckily with her, he just didn't dare make a stink. Now he is a bike riding animal! He told me the other day, "Mom, I love riding my bike, I just love going fast and feeling the wind in may face." What a big boy he is!
I have just posted a few pictures of our Cherry Hill outing as well as a cute one on Brielle and Madix, Mckel Stowell's baby at the good old Ute Stampede Horse Parade.
Ellie, my 3rd cousin Kayci, and my Aunt Melinda
Tanner with his lovely magnetic creation

Linzy and I as the coolest pirate girls in the world, Linzy has a much better pirate face than I do
I may have a bad pirate face, but that doesn't even compare to Launey's fake having fun face!

My favorite brother Karson, and my ever so cute future sister-in-law Linzy
Brielle and Madix

10 comments:

Lacey said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Sorry to hear about launeys grandpa that is always so hard to loose someone! I love the pirate picture...you may not have a pirate face but you have awesome pirate muscles! Nice work!

Shaun and Emily said...

That looks like fun. I like the pirate hats.

kars and linz said...

well gosh i didnt get our awesome pirate pictures... but i must say your arms are very chizzled indeed! i'm thinking you should become a photographer! you can even use mine and kars pictures by the bathroom... i wont even be mad!

Natasha said...

I sooo lu-uv your family pictures! Wow! You guys look great. Hard to choose a favorite, but the one of the kids holding hands sitting in front of you and Launey is fab. And...can I tell you I was laughing out loud at Tanner telling you what he did in Nursery. That is seriously the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

paulak said...

Way to go Luke...you rock! I think you are a pretty hot pirate, Kaydee.

Lyns said...

What great pics! Sorry to hear about Launey's grandpa. Go Luke on riding his bike! That is NOT an attractive picture of Launey. If he ever does the "fake fun" face when I'm around, I will be ticked. :) You're right though, Linzy has a much better pirate face than you. :) I got the wedding invite. It is way cute.

McKel said...

Hey those pictures are so cute and it looks like you had way fun time. That's so funny that he learned like that but it's a great idea though. I love the picture of our 2 little ones good job!

Amanda said...

I'm sorry to hear about Launeys grandpa. Where did you get your blog background?

Anonymous said...

Keep it real bloggers! Check out www.raininonmyparade.blogspot.com

DeAnn said...

I am really getting into this "looking" at everyone's blog. It's great!