Monday, July 7, 2008

Celebrate good times, Come On!







This fourth of July was another success. Many of you may know that Luke's birthday is on the fourth of July which always makes this time of year a little extra crazy. We usually try to have a party for him on the fourth, but this year we decided to spread it out to cut down on the chaos. Launey and I took him out for his birthday on the 1st while my mom and Kylee watched the two little kids. We went to The Pizza Factory (his choice) and to Trafalga where we played mini golf, rode go-carts, and played a few arcade games. We had a great time and hopefully we created some good memories for Luke. He also got to go out with my parents on the third for dinner and a movie. Then, we celebrated all day long on the fourth by going to the parade in Provo, lunch at great-grandpa Horsely's house, rides at the Nephi park, and finally fireworks. He still thinks that we are to coolest parents in the world because we seem to pull off the biggest birthday bash anybody has ever seen. Finally on the fifth we had family members over for cake and ice cream. As you can see, it has been a busy week.
Tanner had a few meltdowns throughout the birthday week. I think it is just hard for a two and a half year old to understand why their sibling is getting so much attention, and not to mention presents, when thing are usually a bit more evenly divided. Eventually he got used to it and the meltdowns were less often. Luke has also been pretty good at sharing his new toys.
Ellie seemed to love her first fourth of July celebration. She was entertained most of the day and was really good for the most part.
I am realizing that this could quite possibly be the most boring blog entry in the history of blogs, but I guess I can chalk it up to more of a journaling experience for my own records. You can just enjoy the pictures and look past all of the rambling :)
Brielle, highly amused the parade
Tanner and his squirt gun, he almost looks innocent!

.
Sweet Brielle, giving Grandpa Ivers kisses, and just being cute
Luke and my mom ready for the rock wall, and Luke in the famous old jail-house 4-wheeler ride at the Nephi park.

8 comments:

McKel said...

Those pictures are so cute, Ellie looks like she could be a baby model in those pictures and the boys always look so cute. I'm glad that Luke had a fun birthday party.

paulak said...

What a fun week for Luke. I would love a holiday birthday, party all week. Brielle is so cute, I love the pics of her on the side column.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Luke. It's awesome that he always get fireworks on his b-day. I loved your post. It is fun to see how your fam is doing. I know sometimes it seems like all we talk about is our kids, but just so you know, I love hearing about them!!! I'm glad you had a great weekend.

Shaun and Emily said...

Happy Fourth! Your boys have such cute curly hair and your little girl is such a doll! Happy Birthday to Luke!

Lyns said...

So fun! What great pictures. You have GORGEOUS kids and it made me miss the Nephi celebration since we were in Richfield. Sounds like Luke had a great birthday. Brielle is so beautiful and Tanner is just plain old cute Tanner. :)

Thedailydansie said...

It sounds like you were very busy but had a lot of fun! The pics you took were so cute. Hey let me know what your phone # is because I tried to call you and I can't get through. You don't answer your phone.

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

thanks for the depressing comment you left on my blog! I was feeling all proud of myself that I only have three weeks left...
Your kids are so cute, I hope jordan and I make cute kids like you guys do! we will find out soon...right!

Jennifer said...

Your blog is way cute i can't believe Luke is 5!!! It's sad they grow so fast! We need to get the kids together to play Presley and Samantha always ask when Luke and Tanner are going to come over!!