Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Let Freedom Ring, Let the Birthday Boy Sing!




Please forgive me for the ridiculously lame title. I couldn't think of anything the slightest bit creative.
Many of you already know that the 4th of July is an extra special holiday for my little family. The reason is that my first born made his grand entrance into the world on the 4th of July at 4:40 pm 6 years ago. Wow, I can't believe it has actually been SIX years!
This son of mine has grown accustomed to the longest most extravagant birthday celebration in the world. We have stopped doing his party on the 4th because there is already so much going on, so he had a family party on the 5th, then on the 6th he had a friend party. That was a first for us! Needless to say, I am glad the extended celebration is over, I am completely exhausted! :)

We started off the morning of the 4th in Nephi. I just love the 4th of July Nephi style. The kids had a blast, and this year Launey got to get in on the fun himself. He played in a b-ball tournament with Karson, Conner, and Rex. I will not disclose their record but we'll just say that they had a lot of FUN!

During Launey's last game I let Bampa herd the boys around the park. Perhaps you can imagine my surprise when I saw my two boys come walking around the corner looking like an American flag pooped on their heads. Apparently they have already learned the secret of life, "if you want something, just ask Bampa" he seems to be the only sucker that can't say no! They had a great time, and they looked VERY patriotic, so that's all that mattered.


They had a blast playing on the "jumpy things" and climbing the rock wall.



Brielle spent a good portion of the morning absolutely content in her infamous red stroller.


Well, as long as she had some kind of sugar to keep her occupied she was happy.



After the Nephi celebration, we headed north to have lunch at Grandma and Grandpa Ivers' house. The kids love playing and swimming with their cousins. Here they are working on their summer tans.
On Sunday we had the family over for cake and ice cream. I love making fun cakes for my kids on their birthdays. I always picture them so much cuter than they turn out, but I think the kids enjoy them regardless. Luke wanted me to write "Luke Heavy Hitter" on his cake because that is what his coach called him this year.

Needless to say, he got absolutely spoiled, and he loved every minute of it!



FINALLY, on Monday we hosted our first ever friend party. The kids were great and I feel really blessed to live in an area with such great families who raise such great kids. I look forward to seeing the friendships my children will develop as they grow.

Tanner even got to get in on the action!

Here is Luke and his buddy Brock.
And finally, Ellie Bean, enjoying some birthday cupcakes.
I am glad to say that we all survived the craziness, and I would do it all over again for my special little boy.
Luke has been such a joy to raise. He is so smart and his faith amazes me on a daily basis. Just today Launey caught him in the front yard praying that the balloon he had just let go would land safely. He didn't know Launey was watching, it was just a tender moment between Luke and his Heavenly Father. He is a great big brother. It's so much fun to watch him and Tanner play together. They both claim the other as their best friend, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Luke is also my deep thinker. He can never just take something for face value, he always has to analyze it until it makes sense in his mind, then he can accept it. He teaches me SO much, I hope that because of him I can be a better me. I love you big boy! Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

morgan said...

Looks like you all had a fun 4th...and 5th...and 6th! :) I love Luke and Tanners hair! We have a little something for Luke, but I didn't want to impose on his parties, so we'll have together sometime this week! And your cake is amazing! I'm so hiring you next year! :) And I love Launey's shirt :)

Annie Nielson said...

The cake you made is awesome! Frosting and decorating cakes is alot harder than it looks--Luke's cake seriously looked great.

Your boys are so darn handsome and little Ellie is getting so big. I love her little pig tails--adorable.

Cravings said...

Do you need a job? When I open up a cupcake store will you work for me hee! hee! hee! Your cake is so cute I love it! You are so talented Kaydee!

p.s. I missed you at the 4th of July, I saw your dad, boys, and Carson, but no Kaydee :( When are we going to go on a double date? Really we need to :)

Connie said...

So cute! I'm so proud of you and your little family. You are such a great mom to those little tykes.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Luke (timmy)!! I can't believe he is 6!!