Monday, June 29, 2009

Spots!


A few weeks ago I wrote this post. Those were the days to remember sigh.

Then a few days ago, I filled my washing machine with a plethora of my favorite laundry category, the BRIGHTS.

I don't know what it is, but I just love seeing all of my family's bright and happy clothes in one spot. Perhaps the colors represent a combination of cheerfulness and energy bundled into one that makes my heart flutter. I am also fond of the fact that I wash these particular items in cold water. It seems crisp and refreshing.

On this particular day, I was on the verge of another love fest with my laundry duties. While the bright pile was a bit foul smelling, the colors were still beautiful. I dunked them into their cold soapy bath and bid them farewell for 14-16 minutes. Once the sound of the wish washing was silented, I transferred the now wet pile of loveliness into the dryer. I knew that in no time they would come out smelling fresh and feeling warm.

Then, the buzzer sounded. I quickly pounced over to the dryer to remove my batch of brightness, but alas, there was something askew. My beautiful brights were tarnished with dull grey spots! Nearly every bright item my family owned was covered in grey SPOTS! I searched the dryer for the culprit, but to my dismay, I found no obvious suspect for the demise of my sunshiny shirts. Nearly every shirt my sweet little Brielle owns is in fact a bright one, which meant her wardrobe was quickly demoted from small to altogether sparse.

I have sprayed, soaked, washed, and re-washed my brights but the offending grey spots remain.


I couldn't help but relate this to life. Sometimes life is like a bright white sweet smelling sheet, and other times, there are spots on your brights.


If perhaps this particular day is one filled with spots, please let me lighten it with this little nugget. . . .



I have always had a place in my heart for the man with the big black ears, but I had no idea that he had such mad moves! My feelings of fondness for my dear Mickey have sky-rocketed. In the words of the great choreographer Lil' C, that was BUCK!

1 comments:

morgan said...

Did you ever figure out what it was that got all over the clothes? I have done that before...and, of course, it's usually the load with my favorite shirt! Kyle has a tendency to leave gum and/or chapstick in his pockets...needless to say, I don't realize until AFTER they've been through the dryer! :( It makes me so mad!!! Well now that I've left a novel, I hope your clothes came clean, and I quite enjoyed watching Mickey break dance!