Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sometimes She Tells Me I'm Hot




Sometimes my sweet sister-in-law Linzy tells me I'm Hot.


Sometimes I believe her. Well, sort of.


But it seems on those special occasions, the ones that I spend some extra time doing my hair, applying my make-up, and picking out just the right outfit, the same occasions that she sometimes tells me I'm hot, somebody snaps a picture.


Like this one. . .


and I am hit with reality like a ton of bricks! The reality that I am now stuck in a rut of a different color. It is a terrible place that I didn't even know I was residing in . . . it is a fashion disaster rut.
I began to get the hint when I saw an advertisement for the bump and thought to myself, "that looks cute." Yes, I know, a red flag.
I think that I have been in this particular rut since, oh, about 1985 or so. So I am pleading, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP! Every time I look in the mirror, or see a picture, like the one posted above, this is how I feel. . .


Yes, gaggy.
So please, search your hearts. Think back to a moment, any moment, even if it was a brief shining moment, that you may have thought, "she looks cute," or something of the like. At that moment, what was it that I had going for me? The hair, the make-up, the clothing, the socks, anything.
(Me having an Epiphany)
But then again, that may be precisely my problem. Maybe I am in this rut because I hold on to those shining moments, the cute ones, and try to recreate them, regardless of the time period they first occurred in. Just because my volcano clip and neon spandex shorts were totally awesome in 1986, it doesn't mean I should slip into the same groove tomorrow for a day out on the town.
So, I guess what I am looking for is suggestions for recreating myself. New hair, new make-up, a new style.
I am asking for LOTS of comments.
Lots of suggestions.
I don't want to hear, "oh you are totally cute the way you are." That is precisely what got me here in the first place.
Please real suggestions. Especially about the hair WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?
I am leaving it up to you, help me get out of here.
Help me get out of this phase. . .
Yes GAGGY!

7 comments:

Annie Nielson said...

Missy--I actually think your hair looks really cute. I love the way it looks in your Christmas picture that is on your blog, too. Maybe if you put some caramel highlights or some kind of highlight in your hair, that would jazz it up--not that your hair isn't already jazzy :) Whenever I get my hair colored I feel alot better about life.

I love to go to the MAC counter in Nordstrom and have them do my make-up. They do it for free, if you go on a weekday. They started charging $50 if you go on Friday or Saturday, but your $50 goes towards product... Anyway, all you have to do is make an appointment. Just go and tell them you want an "everyday" look. The best part is it's free and you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to. If you don't like the first look they do, you can go always go back and have them try again.

I know how you feel about feeling gaggy. I usually feel that way about my clothes in addition to my hair, make-up, and chubbiness. I go to my closet and it's the same ol' crap in there...

If you get a new look, you better share :)

Annie Nielson said...

P.S. You totally cracked me up when you said baby #3 will slide out on a slip n' slide :) OH, and how you totally messed up the reverence of the post about Widget by calling her a him...seriously, I about peed my pants when I read that :) I'm not a huge animal lover so it didn't hurt my feelings at all, haha.

Cravings said...

Ok, so we all have our bad days, if you think that picture was bad you should see mine. Kaydee you are freaking adorable. Just look at your family picture, um do you not think you look hot there, I love your hair there. But I guess my suggestion would be...mmm...maybe the whole A line short in the back, longer in the front, ever thought about going blond, they do say blonds have more fun LOL! I don't know though cause really I think you look amazing :) Good luck with whatever you do and I can't wait to see the results!!!!

p.s. maybe a perm...ha! ha! yeah right!

Jennifer said...

I know how you feel! I think you should cut your hair have Tara do it she does an awesome job you can even drop your kiddos off at my house while she does it the girls would love to play!I found more clothes for Ellie too! And you are HOT come on!!!!

morgan said...

You are so gorgeous! I think you are silly for thinking your not! If you are up for a change I think you should cut it! I've told you before I love your hair short! Maybe try an a-line or something like that would be fun! Maybe add some high or low lights! Or you know you could always do something drastic like the choreographers on SYTYCD. I'm think Sonya or that red head (Melanie?)! :)
Really though, you are so pretty! I know you didn't want people to put that on here...but we deny the obvious!

morgan said...

I mean we CAN'T deny the obvious...sorry! :)

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

You are super cute!! You know I just saw you what last week and the thought I had to myself was Jealousy!! Why? Because you look so amazing. I would kill to look like you after having 3 kids. You know with myself 100 lbs. heavier after 3 kids. Anyway you are beautiful and don't let anyone tell you otherwise not even yourself. I know you were looking for advise so I will give some hair advice given that is what I went to school to do. I love your hair and you don't even need to change it if you didn't want to. But if you want to change things up then add a little red to it. Like Kristen Stewart in the movie Twilight. Don't change the length. The way you had it pulled up at the parade was sooo darling.