Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Happiest (and wettest) Place on Earth. . .Revisited!


I may have mentioned it before, but Launey and I are Disneyland annual passport holders. We love the place! So, in order to get the most out of our annual pass purchase, we loaded up the family and took yet another trip to the most magical place on earth. This time we were accompanied by a whole bunch of my great family members. My parents, Karson, Linzy, Kylee, Conner, Pooper, Papa, Grandma Red, my Uncle Mike and his family, Uncle David, and my Aunt RaNae and her family all came along.

Aren't my men INCREDIBLE!!

It was nearly the perfect scenario, less expensive hotels, and escape from our cold Utah winter, less crowded, and tons of family, but there was only one thing, it rained the ENTIRE time! We actually saw it coming, (well kind of) before we left because everyday up until our trip was sunny and hot, and everyday after our trip the same hot weather returned, but on the only three days we were to be there, the little forecast showed dark clouds, thunderbolts, and several raindrops.
I think his little face just says it all!

I was a bit worried about the weather before we left so I convinced my husband to go a day early so we could soak up a little bit of sun. Luckily my sister and Grandma Red agreed to come along so they could help with the kids. The day we got there, a day before the rest of the crew, was glorious. It was eighty degrees and the crowds were few. I just wish the weather would have continued a little longer.


This Disney princess was quite the trooper!

But in all honesty, it was a great trip. The kids were such troopers and they didn't seem to mind having to wear ponchos and wet shoes. They just loved being there. Tanner could ride the "big rides" and he loved them all except the Tower of Terror. We managed to talk him into riding it twice but after the second go-round he would have nothing to do with it. Luke even got to go on the big roller coaster, "California Screamin," in California Adventure Park. He loved it but he only got the go ahead twice out of the five times we attempted the ride. His height was right on the border and apparently some workers were just more lenient than others.


Splash Mountain broke down so we had to walk out, I am willing to bet not many people have a picture like this!

Brielle loved the rides she could ride and she got to spend a lot of quality one-on-one time with some of the characters. They took refuge from the rain in the same building that we did while we were waiting for the rest of the clan to ride the Tower of Terror, and there were no lines to visit with them, so they played with Brielle. It was really cute. She was a bit hesitant but she did manage to give a few kisses on their big shiny noses.
I wish this picture was brighter but I still think it's priceless

The boys didn't let a little rain stand in the way of having a great time

Man, just writing about it makes me yearn to go back. Maybe I will hop on Trip Advisor and start planning our next visit!
We were just pumping ourselves up for the big plunge

5 comments:

Cami said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. We should have hooked up on that Friday. The rain sucked, but my kids could have cared less. We LOVE Disneyland too and are annual pass holders, so whenever you go again, I am sure we would tag along!!

morgan said...

How fun! It looks like you all had a blast, rain and all :) I'm with you...I absolutely LOVE Disneyland too! I'm trying to talk Kyle into take us this summer! Lets get together again soon!

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

How fun!

You'll be so excited I tagged you!

casey-trisha smith family said...

hi kaydee! Deann was telling me about your trip and me and casey have been going back and forth trying to decide when would be good to take the kids. I know Cael is old enough, but kensie is only 15 months and I cant decided if we should take her. How did your baby do? could she go on anything? Thanks for your help, i think it would help me getting a mom's perspective. oh and the pic of luke on splash mountain totally awesome!

Shaun and Emily said...

Looks like you had a fun vacation. That is fun you have a pass. Thank you for your comments and testimony about the Savior. That is such a neat story about your dad meeting Pres. Monson. Good to see your family is doing well. I like to check in and see how people are doing every once in awhile.