Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Fall!

I am going to have to admit that I have been suffering from a severe case of blog burnout. I don't know why but I would think about posting on a daily basis, but I could just never bring myself to do it. I think the problem may be that I can never seem to simply post a message, I always feel like I have to change the background, design a header, change the font color, then post on Luke's Colorful World. My computer is painfully slow, so the whole process tends to take the entire morning. Finally today, Brielle decided to take an unprecedented morning nap and the boys have been drawing for hours, so I am finally doing it, I am POSTING!

We took the kids to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving point a while ago, so some of the pictures will be from that exciting adventure. That day marked a major milestone in little Ellie's life, she had her first pony tail! Not the tail of an actual pony found at the petting zoo, rather I gathered every tiny little whispy baby hair I could find on top of her little head and stuck an elastic around it. So, while you are gazing upon the lovely photos of our petting zoo adventure, take time to notice the cutest, and tiniest, pony tail in the world.

The kids loved the petting zoo. They could have stayed there for hours! It was a fun little outing and it was quite inexpensive too. That is always a plus! Tanner said the his pony's name was, Tanner Horse. What a coincidence that Tanner boy just happened to ride on Tanner Horse. And yes, I did let Luke wear the dreaded red cowboy hat! It had been tucked away under his bed for a couple of months, but "luckily" he found it and he hasn't taken it off since. I resigned to the fact that I need to choose my battles, so the red hat is a permanent fixture in our lives! At the end of the adventure Tanner grabbed my hand and said "it's a good day mom," and it was.
The aftermath of the ponytail

4 comments:

JLR said...

Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun. My kids love the petting zoo, too! Darron...not so much.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted, I know what you mean about taking forever to post because of this or that. I love reading about what a great mom you are, and with three....wow!
Love form TX The Durkovich Fam

McKel said...

So cute, what a great idea! She looks so cute in her little pony. I love it we really need to get together.

Lyns said...

Yay Thanksgiving Point Petting Zoo! We have been there a billion times this year. :) Ava LOVES it. I like it because it may be a "petting" zoo, but you don' have to actually touch the animals as they're all behind fences. Ha Ha. What an animal lover I am! Brielle's ponytail cracks me up! Ava's was like that for a while and I LOVED it!