Monday, August 11, 2008

What a Whirlwind!

Wow, I have always known that summer is busy, but it seems that it has been a little extra busy this year. On Thursday, my favorite brother, Karson, married the cutest girl in the world, Linzy. So we were happily involved in a lot of the wedding festivities. Unfortunately I don't have the pictures yet, but trust me, the bride and groom were adorable.

We have also been to the zoo, partied at Mona days, I was out of touch with reality for a couple of days while I read Breaking Dawn (LOVED IT) and we went to the demolition derby since my last post. Luke looks forward to the derby all year round. He is totally in his element there! Tanner has always liked it too, but he lacks some of the ferver that Luke seems to have. Ellie even seemed to really enjoy it. People around us were surprised that the loud noise didn't bother her at all, but I assured them that with brothers like hers, the noise was nothing new.

Ellie recently turned 7 months! I can't believe she is that old! She now has two tiny bottom teeth, and is starting to get on her hands and knees to crawl. She has been doing the army crawl for a couple of months so she gets to where she wants to go just fine, but I am sure that her new mode of transportation (actual crawling) will be happening right around the corner.

Tanner, what can I say about Tanner? Last week he proudly announced that he didn't hit or push in nursery because he bit Sammy's fingers instead. Yesterday the boys went to church in my parents' ward and I swear when Launey, Ellie, and I sat down in Sacrament without them, there was a twinkle in his nursery teacher's eye. He is going "pee pee" in the potty really well, unfortunately we are having more of a struggle with the dreaded number 2, but I guess we will just keep pushing along, no pun intended.

Luke has been loving his new bike riding abilities and practices them often. He is still just as content as ever to play with his cars for hours. He gave a talk in primary last week on baptism and did a marvelous job. Two days ago our fire alarm went off for no aparent reason. Luke has an intense fear of fire, so he had a terrible time trying to get to sleep because he was so scared that there was going to be a real fire in the house. He probably got out of bed ten times after we intitially tucked him in. A few minutes after his last venture out of bed, we heard him talking out loud as he was lying there, but neith Launey or I could make out what he was saying. He was asleep shortly after that, so it wasn't until morning that he told us who he was talking to. He said that he was so scared that there was going to be a fire that he said a prayer and said, "Heavenly Father, is there going to be a fire in my house tonight?" Then he said that Heavenly Father whispered in his brain the word "No" so he calmly fell asleep. Don't you just love the faith of a child! I have no doubt that his little sincere prayer really was answered.

Anyway, sorry for the long post I guess I had a lot to catch up. I will post a few of the many pictures from the past few weeks :).
Ellie and me on her first zoo train ride, doesn't she look excited!
Launey and the kids, for some reason the appear to be a little less excited
Luke and Tanner are up there on the fire engine. The got to ride on it in the good old Mona Days parade!
I love this precious picture. They wanted to go ride the inflatable slides in the Mona park so I told they to stay together. They held hands even without me telling them to do so. Isn't this just priceless!!

7 comments:

McKel said...

So cute, you have been really busy, your kids are so cute, I love it! We still need to have a PJ's lunch. call me

Lyns said...

Wow. You have been busy. Seriously. Summer is so crazy! There is so much going on. It sounds like you guys have had so much fun! Those pictures at the zoo are so cute. Your family is just beautiful! I can't believe that Ellie is 7 months old. I really laughed out loud at the "push" pun. I'm proud of Tanner for not hitting or pushing, just biting. LOL. That story about Luke praying was so sweet. If we could all have faith like little kids do, none of us would have any problems. Thanks for the cute post! I love catching up with you! BTW - I so need to see your house!

paulak said...

Busy summer. I love the story about Luke's prayer. That melted my heart.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I just love your family!!! You all are so fun to read about!!! Love all the pics as well!!!
Thanks for the compliments! HEy! I think that all us women have areas that we would love to work off, and thanks for the advice on just to stop worrying about it and love what I have! :)
P.S. Yes! I really did sleep through a tornado warning a few months ago! Kinda scary!! Don't want to do that again!!!

Natasha said...

First of all Brielle is beautiful! She is truly one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen! Too bad she is no longer a Juab County resident in order to compete in the Diaper Derby! Your story of Luke's prayer brought tears to my eyes. I also have no doubt that his prayer was truly answered. Please please please send it in to the Friend. You probably know this, but they publish little personal stories like that each month and it is always my favorite part to read.

Shaun and Emily said...

Good luck with "#2". It really is up to them if they want to do it or not. I gave up so many times. Finally Alexis went all on her own one day. The story about Luke praying is so sweet. Your right. Kids have such amazing faith. Fun to hear about your cute family!

Matt. Tara. Addi. Roslyn. said...

Hey so we FINALLY got a blog! I got your url from Jennifers. It's so adorable, I love the pics of little Brielle!