Friday, January 1, 2010

Mayhem, Musing, and Martians

Mayhem

Some of you may know that I work from home. Part of my job includes writing for 25 blogs. 25blogs! So, I am here to confess that my family blog has been a little neglected. You see, after spending 4-6 hours a day writing for blogs, the last thing I want to do is sit at my office (the desk in my kitchen) after hours and do essentially the same thing I've been doing all day, but this time without getting paid. So, I've decided a good alternative would be to take portions of posts I write for other blogs and paste them over here, and while they may not be as unique and personal as they could be, they are posts none-the-less. So here they are for your holiday enjoyment!

Musings
I hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was great. The day was somewhat relaxed, and the kids were spoiled rotten. I really do love Christmas. However, I also despise the aftermath.
You see, I work from home, on the computer for up to 6 hours a day. While I am working, my kids enjoy playing with each other, and the harder they play, the messier the house gets. That’s typical, Christmas or no Christmas, but the joy of Christmas seems to have left a large amount of extra clutter in my life.
Our 12ft Christmas tree is making me claustrophobic. The once beautiful and majestic symbol of life everlasting is now a giant dust and clutter collector.
The toys the kids were so excited to open on Christmas morning have now been poked, prodded, and abused leaving some of them broken or neglected after only a short stay at our home. My boys got two giant boxes of legos. I love the concept of legos. I love that they require critical thinking, imagination, and fine motor skills, but I loathe the little pieces that end up all over the house only to be stepped upon by an unsuspecting barefoot.
The packages once wrapped in fancy paper with lovely bows, adding to the festive decor of our home are now piled up sky high in the corner of my kitchen. Just sitting there. Waiting for my wonderful husband to take the time to send them to their resting place-far away from my kitchen.
The delicious handmade treats that my friends and neighbors so graciously brought to our home as a symbol of love are now crumbs on my kitchen floor.
And finally, all of the lovely Christmas decor I have been working so hard to collect throughout my adult life just adds to my list of things I have to dust.
I think I’m going crazy!
I really make an effort to have the Christmas Spirit. There are so many wonderful things that accompany this time of year, but now, I want my house back.
Today my mom is making the 20 minute drive up to my house to help me package all of my Christmas decor in their boxes where they’ll be stored and eagerly awaiting their appearance in 2010. When that time comes, I will be so happy to see them that I will giggle with joy. But now, be gone with you! All of you!

Side note: My wonderful mother did in fact help dig me out of my Christmas disaster area! Thanks Mom:).
This post is from my blog, Musings of Modern Mamas
Martians




I can’t believe 2009 is over! This year has been one I won’t soon forget for reasons both good and bad. Above all, I am thankful that after the end of another year my family is healthy, happy, and safe.
Everything else is just extra.
I have LOVED having the kids home during their Christmas break. We have been completely lazy and loved every minute of it. Last night we spent several hours creating martians. When they unwrapped the Martian Making Kit at my parents’ house on Christmas I silently cringed. I figured a gift that would produce such a mess would surely have to come from the grandparents, but after much begging, I finally gave in to their pleas and opened the kit.
I had a ball.
I never thought it would be so much fun making martians. The atmosphere was so relaxed. We had no need to hurry, the kids could be late for bed, and the mess could wait. We were able to sit, create, and chat. It was perfect.
On a side note, my littlest princess has been enjoying her big brothers’ legos. She enjoyed them so much that she just had to stick this
right up her nose. Luckily, we also got the game Operation for Christmas, so I have been brushing up on my tweezing skills. I was able to successfully remove the gear shifter without a hitch.
-This post is from my blog, Making the Most of Family Time
If you would like to be featured, or contribute to any of my blogs, I would love it! Heaven knows I have several for you to choose from:).


1 comments:

Molly said...

Hey Kaydee I was just wondering how you got your job. I've been looking for some job that i could do from home eventually so i was just curious. If you could give me any information i would love that!!
mollytanner6@gmail.com