Monday, August 17, 2009

Extreme Brilliance!!





In my last post, I mentioned my desire to post something brilliant, well. . .here it is! My friend Morgan has introducted me to a whole new world. A world where people pay you to buy food, and full prices are simply not an option. It is the wonderful world of coupon shopping. I have only gone twice, and with Morgan's expert guidance and direction (I owe her my fourth born child), I have already saved over $200. I am super excited about the trip we took to Albertson's this morning. I rolled out of bed at 4:45 this morning and we were the first ones to the store at 5:30. Little did we know, we were the first ones there because the store didn't actuall open until 6. Lucky for us, we got a good jump on all the other couponers.



Now on to my list, I bought:

2- CPK frozen pizzas

8- Boxes of Cereal (2 Honey Bunches of Oats, 2 Grape Nuts, 2 Kix, and 2 Cocoa Puffs)

15- 32 oz Powerades
2-16 oz Chocolate Milks
2-Gallons of Milk

4-Easy Mac Cups

3-Boxes of Mac and Cheese

4-Boxes of Ronzoni Healthy Pasta

2-Boxes of Capri Suns

6-Haagen Das Ice Cream Cups

8-Dannon Light and Fit Yogurts

2-10 oz Bottles of A1 BBQ Sauce
2-Boxes of Jello Pudding



For all that I spent $33.58, Plus I got a $20.00 Mail In Rebate to make the entire purchase a whopping $13.58! I saved a total of $127! I know, BRILLIANT!!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I love it. I haven't paid full price for anthing in months.

Natalie Park said...

I am hooked as well! I do it all the time! I love the $20.00 mail in rebate. Isn't it awesome that groceries can be so cheap if you just put in a little time and effort. You won't believe this but a girl I worked with just spent $7.42 and saved $177.00. And she bought stuff like 6 boxes of dish soap, tons of cleaners, milk, and tons of food. I almost died!

morgan said...

Whoot, whoot! I seriously can't believe how fast you caught on! I swear it took me a month! I'm so glad you are happy with it and I'm even happier I can have a shopping partner! :)

Jennifer said...

That's awesome or should I say just Brilliant!!!

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

Does this mean we have # 4 on the way j/k. You will have to teach me how to do that I really want to learn. Hey I wanted to let you know I had to make my blog private. If you e-mail me your e-mail I will add you. Thanks,
Misty

morgan said...

Ummm...hello?! Ever heard of updating?!?!? J/K! But really, I need a new post!!!!

Jennifer said...

I agree, are you alive?? I haven't seen you in a while??? I need an update as well please,asap oh and with pictures of the kiddos!

Annie Nielson said...

I'm just starting to do this smart grocery shopping, too. But why the devil did you have to go so darn early to shop???

Maria said...

Hello Ivers. This is Sim and Maria. Sim worked with Launey at Maceys in Logan. I found your blog and wanted to say hello. You have a very nice family. Send me an e-mail to simhutchinson@yahoo.com so I can invite you to our family blog. I hope all is well.

Sim